Tuesday, April 3, 2018

#The100DayProject


Day 1.
I'm doing this thing. This #The100DayProject thing. In the past, if I signed up to do anything for 100 days i'm usually good for ohhhh like maybe 6 days. But recently, I did a 40 day Satnam Meditation and I did all 40 days. Without whining. Without finding something else to do like look at dog videos on Instagram. I'm inspired to challenge myself with something else. So, i'm going for it with the 100 day project. (yes, i'm still doing the meditation, i'm on a roll) It should take me 10 minutes a day. I waste that much time in the evenings catching up on the foolish things Donald Trump has done while I was at work. I'm going to stop doing that and do this instead.
My project is: 100 Birds Telling 100 Little Stories. The sketch or doodle shouldn't take more than 90 seconds. The words, a couple minutes. Hashtag. Post. Done.
www.the100dayproject.org


The Berry Man

A net is thrown over the berries that he sells from his front yard.
He sits in a nylon lawn chair behind a card table with the containers of berries in a neat row.
I could have eaten them if it wasn't for the net.
It feels cruel to booby trap the highlight of my summer snacking.

He takes a break and walks one block to the statue of Mary behind the Saint Francis rectory.
He bows his head, places a hand on the cold statue.
His rosary beads hang down and sway around her hands.
Lips move.
He prays.
I watch from the roof.
I watch from the tree branch.
I follow him home.
The berries, still covered, are out of my reach.
I shit on his car.

1 comment:

  1. I need to do a story about this pesky junco who keeps pecking at our front door knob and also on the bumper and tail pipe of the 1967 Saab!

    ReplyDelete